RAIN recently closed Series A funding from a global strategic VC to develop a product designed for the deskless workforce. This audience represents 80% of the global workforce, and includes field workers from industries ranging from medical to agriculture to transportation workers. We’re building a hands-free conversational AI solution for this audience with the goals of streamlining laborious processes, enhancing worker safety, and increasing enterprise productivity, while leveraging the tools and infrastructure that workers use on the job.
This is where you come in; we are looking to hire a highly passionate and self-motivated Senior Product Engineer who can hit the ground running and help to bring our product vision to life. An individual who will take ownership of the development of RAIN’s Voice AI product and move it from concept to MVP to commercialized product.
You will serve as a pivotal founding member of the product team to set and execute the engineering strategy and product vision. The Senior Product Engineer will provide valuable leadership working closely with product managers, data analysts, junior engineers and senior management across RAIN. This position requires strong programming ability (see requirements below), extensive management experience with a track record of leading engineers, and the ability to make smart technical decisions in a fast-paced environment. We are also looking for someone with the communications and leadership skills to not only lead a team, but also to lead regular discussions with beta customers to launch product features that will move the needle.
We want a leader who is not afraid of the fast-paced and ambiguous “fuzzy front end” of product innovation. You are obsessed with simplicity but love complex problems. You are passionate about the customer experience, and understand how to translate technology needs tied to real-life business use cases with quantifiable results. You are also comfortable articulating concepts and ideas to customers and team members to keep everyone motivated and aligned.
Experience with voice technology is a tremendous plus. Passion for and/or experience in the deskless worker/B2B technology space is a must!
What You’ll Do:
• Co-lead all aspects of the development product life cycle. This includes: market needs, product vision and strategy, roadmap creation, release planning, requirements gathering, functional specification through to client enablement and success.
• Work with the product manager to define use cases, and develop methodology and benchmarks to evaluate different approaches.
• Ensure that feedback and release cycles happen continuously, and new findings are taken into consideration.
• Design, engineer, and maintain RAIN’s proprietary framework, APIs, and technology components of our Voice AI product with scalability in mind.
• Develop a product platform that can be deployed across multiple devices and channels (web, mobile, smart devices, etc.) using cutting edge AI and ML technologies.
• Write clean, structured code with reuse and intellectual property in mind.
• Understand architectural trade-offs in the short and long-term (MVP vs. sustainable products), and articulate this in a non-technical manner.
• Work within partner architecture landscapes in an omni-channel environment (e.g., mobile).
• Be comfortable and provide technical recommendations to integrate with physical product.
• Strong interest in and a deep understanding of the product. This includes not only genuine empathy for how users would use the product, but also an understanding of how the product works or should work as a complex system.
• Stay on top of technology and capabilities being developed throughout the industry, and understand how these new technologies may be applied to products at RAIN.
What You’ll Bring:
• Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or Engineering preferred); MS/PhD in Software Engineering or Machine Learning AI is a big plus.
• 8+ years of relevant engineering experience and 4+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Deep Learning, Computer Vision, NLP, Speech, AR/VR, Conversational AI, Machine Learning, or Artificial Intelligence. However, we will value the quality of your experience more highly than its duration.
• 4+ years of experience in a product engineering lead role at a startup or fast-growing tech company. Ideally, at a B2B SaaS company, with a track record of owning features and products, end to end.
• Understanding of engineering design concepts, complex systems, product mechanics and technical constraints, resources and security principles.
• Experience building sustainable omni-channel solutions, cross platform.
• Experience with NodeJS and Python is a must. Experience across the full stack is highly preferred including the integration of backend services and building out endpoints.
• Experience with continuous integration and automation tools and processes.
• Familiarity or direct experience with common tools for collaboration (i.e.: Slack, Confluence, Notion), task management (i.e.: Trello, Asana, Jira), feature flagging (i.e.: Launch Darkly, Split.io) and other tools as needed for creating, documenting and managing the implementation of product roadmaps.
• Familiarity with voice technology and Natural Language Processing, at least in terms of available Cloud APIs (I.e.: Amazon Lex, Amazon Alexa APIs, Google's Text to Speech, etc.).
• Experience with containerized deployment and development environments across AWS and GCP with some Azure understanding.
• Experience with high scalability projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation and hardware integration.
• Understanding of modeling and querying data for performance with experience writing SQL queries for SQL Server or another Relational Database.
• Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
• Understanding of architecture patterns such as Domain Driven Design or MVC architecture.
• An entrepreneurial and self-driven personality - you thrive in startup environments and show persistence in the face of challenges. You maintain a strong bias for stepping up and taking action-yet demonstrate a willingness to learn and receive guidance.
• A collaborative ethos, able to share your vision and work coherently, accept and operationalize feedback and enhance the vision and work of others on the team.
• Experience mentoring junior software developers on design patterns, development best practices, and DevOps trade-offs.
• Demonstrated ability to influence technical and non-technical audiences, including those at the senior leadership level.
• Lean toward influencing others and building consensus.
• Comfortable working with multi-location and distributed workforces.
Our office is located in NYC with remote team members across the country. Currently, we all are working remotely and will be flexible for the future.
Salary will be evaluated commensurate with experience and location. This role will be eligible for a year-end discretionary incentive award.
What We Offer:
• Comprehensive Benefits Package: Health, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA).
• Generous Paid Time Off that increases with tenure and seniority.
• Mental Health/Wellness perks. Including 2 RAIN Check Days- for those days when you just need to take a rain check from work, we get it.
• Volunteer Days.
• 401k plan with employer contribution.
• Short/Long Term Disability.
• Fully stocked kitchen (when in the office).
• Commuter subsidy.
• Challenging problems to solve and an awesome team to collaborate with every single day.
• Work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.
RAIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at RAIN are based on strategic business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other protected status.