Are you a natural language interaction designer? Are you passionate about conversational AI technologies, such as Alexa skills and Lex chatbots? Do you enjoy working directly with customers? If you are fascinated by the possibilities of conversational interfaces, we may have the right role for you.
We are seeking an experienced Conversation Designer to join the Amazon Lex product team, to focus on designing solutions for voice and chat-based solutions. The ideal candidate combines conversation design experience, a passion for designing conversational experiences to achieve customers’ requirements, an entrepreneurial spirit, and excitement about the challenges of working on new and emerging technologies.
Key job responsibilities
• Contribute to requirements gathering, user story definition, estimates, and backlog planning
• Analyze user/agent interactions from contact center transcripts to create corresponding interaction designs to automate scenarios using Amazon Lex
• Design innovative, user-focused conversational interfaces for Amazon Lex for voice- and chat-based use cases
• Develop comprehensive conversation flow diagrams and related documentation to articulate the behavior of a complete conversational interface
• Write dialog and other related copy for conversational experiences that aligns with best practices and customer brand guidelines
• Understand how data from API calls, databases, and other AWS technologies fit into the conversation design, and collaborate with developers on solutions
• Plan and lead workshops, design reviews, showcases, and other types of meetings to elicit requirements and communicate progress
• When needed, design and lead different types of testing (A/B, focus groups, usability testing, QA), synthesize results, and iterate based on results to ensure customer-centric and highly usable products
• Educate internal colleagues and stakeholders (developers, salespeople, and other collaborators) so that the entire team understands key tenets of conversation design
• Author and contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as blogs, whitepapers.
• 3+ years of experience in conversation design.
• Experience developing interaction models for conversational AI platforms.
• Experience communicating technical requirements and solutions to internal and external audiences.
• Bachelor's degree in cognitive science, linguistics, or equivalent experience.
• Design for multimodal user experiences by wireframing and including visual elements
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.