Pulse Labs is a voice technology startup funded by Google and Amazon. The increasing prevalence of voice integrated technology in the home, the car, and portable devices is changing how people interact, and expect to interact, with technology. We work closely with the major platforms (Amazon, Google etc…) as they create this new technology, as well as with application developers building on these platforms, to help make their work great through feedback and data from real world users. We’re looking for talented and passionate engineers to build these tools to create the next generation of human-computer interfaces.
This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial position for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment and who is energized by solving hard, complex problems. As part of the core engineering team, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to build a world-class, crowd sourced, SaaS platform to facilitate quicker innovation and faster growth for the world of virtual assistants in the connected cars, home, phone and wearables. Using open source technologies, you will build distributed and concurrent systems hosted on secure cloud, low latency SDKs to capture high frequency interaction data, highly scalable APIs to externalize our core analytics or high throughput ETL pipeline to mine millions of smart speaker interactions. The candidate will have a tremendous responsibility to help shape the firm's strategic direction through the design, implementation and maintenance of the software in its early days. And most importantly an opportunity to be part of a fun journey as we shape the future of voice technology.
We are pursuing engineers across the stack who enjoy working in a client driven and agile environment, who are confident in developing highly performant and resilient solutions, and who have a passion for delivering superior user experiences.
• Design, implement and maintain software to the demanding standards of a real time, highly concurrent distributed system.
• Working in conjunction with the rest of the development team you will architect and build highly performant, scalable and extensible external APIs
• Collaborate with customers and internal stakeholders, at all levels, to continuously improve our product in a measured data-driven approach
• Learn quickly, adapt, and invent based on changing company needs and priorities.
• Bachelors, Masters or PhD in a computer science or other quantitative field preferred
• Experience with a major programming language like Python, Java, C++ or C#
• Passionate about building distributed and concurrent systems
• Knowledgeable in Linux/Unix, high-performance computing
• Expertise in data structures and algorithms
• Experience with large database systems and query languages
• Building web services, especially using RESTful architecture
• Skilled communicator and collaborator
• Independently driven and organized
• Experience with Java, Python, Spring, Hibernate, Mongo, MySQL
• Experience using a version control system like GIT
• Proficiency to build and deploy web services
• Experience in SDK development
• Proficiency building unit and performance tests to ensure scalability
• Knowledge of real time audio and video streaming
• Experience with Voice Assistants like Alexa or Google Assistant
AWS Certified Developer
• Competitive salary
• Equity in the company
• Health, dental, and vision insurance