This role in the Devices Design Group for a Voice UX Designer will lead various projects, owning the voice interaction model for customers across features. They will also work closely with visual interaction designers on multimodal devices to define the end-to-end interaction across modalities and device form factors.
You will have the opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, and implementation of cutting-edge products and features. We’re looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of ownership, and want to "work hard, have fun and make history!"
Amazon’s Device Design Group has launched revolutionary products like Echo, Fire TV, Alexa Communications, and more. The Core VUI team designs solutions for Alexa Communications, FireTV, Alexa Mobile App, and new multimodal devices (Echo Show 5, 8, 10 & 15).
Key job responsibilities
• Create world-class, user-centered designs through consideration of UX research, market research, business requirements, customer feedback, and usability study findings
• Demonstrate leadership in driving design processes into the organization that help refine strategy.
• Translate business requirements into use cases and high-level customer experience requirements
• Design the interface and interaction flow of new voice and multimodal applications
• Develop conceptual diagrams and voice interaction prototypes
• Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
• Present design work to the user experience team, product team, engineering team, Amazon.com leadership, and external partners for review and feedback
• Work with our usability and data mining teams to assess and optimize new and existing features
• Develop high level strategy for customers for both near and long term.
• Collaborate with other design team members on experiences, frameworks, process, and best practices.
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in a design related field or equivalent professional experience.
• 3+ years Experience as a voice designer, interaction designer, conversation designer, user interface designer, or similar role
• A portfolio demonstrating relevant design experience and work samples
• Experience in VUI design, specifically designing voice-forward interactions
• Experience working directly with developers for implementation of designs
• Experience with voice/MM design tools, such as VoiceFlow, Adobe XD, Gliffy, Omnigraffle or Visio
• Deep understanding and leadership on driving design culture for organizations
• Ability to extract complex concepts and quickly turn around sample interactions reflecting a range of options
• Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment
• Additional design skills in related fields, including prototyping voice interactions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.