Interested in developing conversations that help millions of users each month? Are you up on the latest trends and aware that AI represents the next paradigm shift in tech? We are looking for a Conversation Designer with the right mix of logic, problem-solving, communication, editing, and analytical skills. Our team helps millions of customers get their questions answered quickly and easily by providing an awesome self-help experience. It’s a fun, dynamic, and fast-paced environment where we succeed as a team.
What you'll bring
• Bachelor's degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Linguistics, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Demonstrable experience designing voice and/or multi-modal applications.
• Experience in interaction design for consumer products, conversational agents, or voice assistants, developing speech-enabled interaction flows across a variety of usability contexts and device types.
• Excellent language skills; strong knowledge of English grammar and style.
• Demonstrated experience in writing character-driven dialog.
• Technical knowledge of the fundamentals of conversation, e.g. Cooperative Principle, turn-taking, cognitive load, pragmatics, prosody.
• Experience with speech and language technologies, e.g. text recognition, NLP systems, Machine Learning.
• Demonstrable experience in articulating, negotiating, and refining design solutions with partners using data and design standard methodology.
• Experience on a design team that ships consumer products.
Experience with qualitative usability testing.
How you will lead
As a Conversation Designer, you’ll leverage your knowledge of human language and communication to create seamless and natural interactions for digital systems across platforms. You’ll be in a unique position to create voice- and text-only conversations and voice-forward experiences, partnering with internal leads to create solutions for people’s financial lives.
You’ll juggle multiple projects, partner with multiple stakeholders, and will have to think strategically while also being detail oriented when it comes to creating diagrams, scenarios, and conversation flows.
• Develop dialogs, flow diagrams, and prototypes to effectively communicate text and voice interactions and design ideas.
• Evaluate usability and audio consistency of existing dialog flows, recommend, and implement design or copy changes.
• Create detailed, comprehensive conversation and voice user interface (CUI and VUI) design specifications in collaboration with other UXers and Engineering.
• Create guidelines, reference artifacts, and resources for internal partners to assist in UI design and prompt writing.
• Develop and advocate voice and conversation user interface design best practices and guidelines to ensure a consistent brand-experience for users across Intuit.
Culture and values
Intuit's company culture is rooted in our core values, which promote an innovative and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives and new ideas are celebrated.
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.
From set-up to sign-off, everything you need to know for a successful interview day with Intuit.