NLX is a conversational AI technology startup headquartered in New York City with team members in Seattle, San Francisco, and Berlin. We value excellence, authenticity, transparency, attention to detail, and collaboration. We are an asynchronous, remote team with daily check-ins across the company.
As a Cloud Engineer at NLX, you will be reporting to the CTO. You will have the opportunity to help improve as well as create net new APIs for our NLX Studio platform and Voice Compass product based on ever-growing customer demand.
Our work moves fast and we work to agreed deadlines. We love self-directed workers who try to solve problems, put up their hand when they have trouble, and can articulate how they’ve attempted to solve issues as well as can indicate when and where they need support. We value transparency, communication, and community. We reward cooperation over competition.
Work Hours: Generally, our working hours are 9am-5pm ET and 8:30am-4:30pm PT, with hours generally overlapping between time zones.
- Elevate the Customer. We are customer centric in the way we conduct our business and the way we build our product. Our goal is to elevate the customer experience of our customers as well as theirs.
- Choose simplicity. Things tend to get over complicated. Take the time to step back and see the simpler solution.
- Be Brave. If a decision needs to be made, make it. Ask questions, make mistakes, try something different. If you are curious about something, take the time to dig into it. If you have something you want to say, say it.
- Keep it Open. Transparency is key and open communication is a great way to be transparent.
- Build an Inclusive Space. We can do more when we do it together. Make each other feel welcome. Make yourself approachable. We expect diverse experiences and value individual input. We give each other the space to be included.
Our preferred candidate will have a strong work ethic and the ability to architect scalable web application solutions which they can then speak to. Direct work experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is key as well as a good understanding of best practices for security and scalability.
- Communication: Strong communication skills, fluent in (written and spoken) English
- Work Style: Works well independently and in collaboration, especially for this asynchronous remote team. Strong attention to detail is expected.
- Professional Skills: Pride of authorship as well as accountability, reliability, and ownership of work delivered.
- Platforms: 3+ years using AWS services such as CloudFormation, ECS, API Gateway, Lambda, and DynamoDB.
- Education: Bachelor’s in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience. Master's preferred.
- Work Experience: The at minimum 5-8+ years working as a software engineer.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate or higher
- Development experience with horizontally scaling systems design
- Understanding of application, server, and network security
- Competitive Pay
- 401k plan
- Stock Options
- Insurance – Health, Dental, Vision
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home
- Paid time off and holidays
- Career growth, promotional opportunities
- Reimbursement for educational conferences or classes
- Reimbursement for personal wellness (gym membership, meditation apps, and more)
Interviewing at NLX
- Introductory call Recruitment Specialist, approximately 30 minutes
- Qualified candidates will be invited to a video interview to discuss role and technical fit with technical team members
- Finalist candidates will be invited to attend a remote interview with our CEO and CTO to discuss role fit and day to day responsibilities, expectations, and broader strategy
- All candidates are encouraged to try out and be ready to discuss our Voice Compass demo: experience.voicecompass.ai