JP Morgan Chase is extremely dedicated to creating customer-eccentric experiences to put more power and knowledge into the hands of our customers. Virtual assistants are entering the financial world in a big way to help customers manage their money and make everyday banking easy, and stress-free. JP Morgan Chase is looking to drive innovation by creating a best-in-class virtual assistant to be a financial partner to our customers. As the innovation around AI and virtual assistants like Alexa and Google Home continues to push the limits of conversational interfaces, the need is becoming more apparent to find specialized designers who can break out of traditional design methodologies and apply design thinking, in parallel with linguistics & machine learning, content strategy, and product design.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Conversation Designer who can easily collaborate across disciplines in a high-speed environment to turn requirements into impactful conversational experiences in finance that tap into how we as people are hard-wired to communicate and interact in the digital world.
• Design high impact conversational experiences for Chase customers that span devices, channels, and modalities
• Create design deliverables, including bot personas, sample dialogs, and conversation flow diagrams
• Identify new conversational patterns and maintain documentation for future application
• Draft content for conversational experiences and collaborate closely with content strategists to match brand and product standards
• Understand and be able to design in tandem with the capabilities of Natural Language Understanding and AI for optimal recognition
• Coordinate with user experience researchers to perform impactful research efforts across design phases, and translate insights into actionable recommendations and designs
• Collaborate with developers and tech partners to ensure designs are correctly translated into build
• Deep understanding in design thinking methodologies and practices
• Deep understanding & application of Conversation Design best practices
• Proficient understanding of AI design & Natural Language Processing
• Effective time-management and cross-collaboration skills
• Experience using conversation design tools like BotMock, BotSociety, or Voiceflow, or experience using virtual assistant platforms like Clinc, Kore.AI, or DialogFlow
• 3-5 years diverse experience working in the Conversation Design, User Experience Design, or Content Strategy
• Nice to have: experience creating conversational experiences in the realm of finance and banking
• Nice to have: Familiarity with Jira and Agile development processes
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Consumer & Community Banking division serves our Chase customers through a range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. We’re proud to lead the U.S. in credit card sales and deposit growth and have the most-used digital solutions – all while ranking first in customer satisfaction.
The Digital team is dedicated to creating innovative, industry-leading products and experiences that help customers access, share and control their financial data so they can make smart decisions with their money. Teams enable innovation while adhering to the firm’s data sharing principles of security, customer control and convenience, and privacy.