We are looking for a Sr. Director, Product Management within our Conversational Commerce team that will be a champion in building innovative voice shopping opportunities for our Walmart customers. Walmart Conversational shopping will create a differentiated customer experience for Walmart customers. Our goal is to deeply enhance the retail relationship and optimize it for the digital world. Our team is building completely new capabilities to allow our customers to shop by seamlessly interacting with their connected devices using spoken language.
The ideal leader must possess strong knowledge of voice commerce and emerging technologies as well as a passion for creating the best customer experience. He/she should be able to deeply understand the business and the customer, implications for our future automation and experiential needs, and seamlessly translate into a plan for our engineering team. It is important that they can clearly communicate, drive influence, and be able to break down technical problems.
What You’ll Do
• Defines long-term vision and product strategy for our Voice Commerce experience from onboarding to everyday across all modalities, including teams’ goals and KPIs in alignment to overall business goals while ensuring solutions can scale and pre-empt future customer/biz needs.
• Provide prioritization decisions and oversight on opportunity and product backlogs
• Partner with Engineering and cross functional leaders to understand needs and align roadmap, prioritization decisions, and insights into what is being worked on and why
• Responsible to build and develop our strategic partnerships with Google and Apple
• Seamlessly move from customer experience interactions to API specifications and feel comfortable doing both.
• Ensure success of Conversational experience teams by driving recruiting, deep diving problems as needed while providing thoughtful guidance, mentorship, and coaching
• Communicate with leadership and cross-functional teams regularly regarding project progress and schedule reviews around key milestones
• Facilitate an agile and collaborative process with multiple teams - product, Design/UX, and engineering.
• Responsible for the team including overseeing the execution of competitive assessments, driving innovation; approving business cases; prioritizing and allocating resources; and approving objectives and key performance indicators for a functional team of product managers
• Navigate the day to day challenges of small smart up while simultaneous balancing the communication needs of a Fortune One company and as internal ambassador for our Voice experiences, creating awareness and excitement around these emerging platforms
What You’ll Need
• Bachelor's degree and MBA or advanced graduate degree is a plus
• 15+ years experience working in product management role; as well as relevant PM experience in emerging technologies like NLU and ML
• 5+ years' experience as a manager leading a team
• Experience in managing cross-functional technology products, projects or programs
• Translate product strategy documents into epics and detailed stories for the engineering teams to develop
• Extensive experience with Agile software development / Scrum methodology
• Technical fluency; comfort discussing or diving deep on technology concepts, schedule trade-offs and new opportunities with technical team members; understanding of the entire technology stack as well as ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps, and keep the big picture in view
• Excellent quantitative skills: demonstrated ability to combine data-driven analytical rigor with strategic thinking to drive insights
• Superb communication of concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels including C-level executives
• Success in an entrepreneurial environment and ability to manage and execute multiple priorities at a fast-paced company while operating independently with minimal supervision
• Know how to inspire, motivate and support a team to get things done
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.