We are looking for a software engineer who enjoys working on different types of projects and who is keen to develop new skills along the way. If you like to create new customer experiences and enjoy working on a variety of different types of projects to broaden your skillset then this position is for you. If you enjoy a collaborative environment whilst working with amazing engineers and leaders from across the world then this position is for you.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
• Developing and launching core product features for Alexa to enhance the customer experience.
• Participating in design reviews, prototyping new technology and evaluating technical feasibility with your peers and colleagues.
• Addressing all aspects of technology and service readiness to ensure that the technology is scaled for customer traffic.
• Interacting with cross-functional engineering teams across the company.
• Working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
A day in the life
You will start the day with a stand-up with your peers to discuss your daily progress. We believe in the scrum approach and have refined it to make it work for us. After stand-up you may be involved in a design or a document review, as we have dedicated time to increase our collaboration and give the team opportunities to grow. Towards the end of the day you may attend a monthly briefing from the Product team, a cross-team stand-up with a partner team, or you could be involved in reviewing operational dashboards, business metrics, or reviewing our customer feedback.
About the team
We are a social team that works very closely together and support one another. Whilst our vision is to ensure that our International customers find delight and utility in all Alexa devices and services, we understand the importance of working together on all deliverables and helping each other to get things done. We are a supportive team that always has learning opportunities, and we are always striving to improve and we do this by celebrating our successes and learning and improving from our misses.