As part of our team, you will be joining a cross-disciplinary group, passionate about delivering new features and experiences to our users. We partner cross-functionally, collaborating with teams within Siri and Apple at large, combining strong technical skills and product vision to bring together the pieces needed to deliver an extraordinary, world-class search experience. Apple is re-thinking search, making it easier and faster to find the answers you’re looking for while respecting you and your privacy with an ad-free, user-first experience. The Siri universal search engine is redefining how hundreds of millions of people search every single day, powering search features across a variety of Apple products, including Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages, and Lookup.
You will be responsible for
• Architecting & developing end to end systems to drive new search features, from data injection and processing to query performance and product design
• Collaborating with teams across Apple to ensure features are fully integrated across different platforms
• Working closely with operations and project management teams
• 5 years experience writing high-performance server software on Linux/Unix
• Ability to effectively deliver solutions in a large, complex environment
• Fluent in two of following languages: C/C++, Go, Python, Java, Scala, RubyExperience with RESTful services and supporting production environments
• You have excellent interpersonal skills and you love collaborating with other team members
• Preferred:You have practical experience with Hadoop and extensive experience working with SQL and NoSQL databasesYou're experienced with data transformation pipelinesYou have experience with large scale search and machine learning systems
Apple's Siri team is seeking a Software Engineer who will play a central role in developing search systems, from managing big data systems and machine learning algorithms we use to power our results to the finest details in our final UI. As a member of our dynamic group, you’ll have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products from Apple. We are looking for people with experience in building rich user interfaces powered by sophisticated, high-performance backend systems. The Siri Search team is bringing together domain experts from a diverse array of fields such as machine learning, distributed systems, natural language processing, user interface, and software engineering to contribute to our vision of search
MS Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experienceApple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.