The mission of the Alexa Cloud Secure Solutions team is to safeguard Alexa customers by developing world class, innovative solutions for the biggest security challenges. These challenges span the capabilities Alexa supports from communications to smart home to shopping to integration with financial institutions. They also include the core Alexa functionality (e.g., machine learning). We are passionate problem solvers with deep security expertise. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history. Come join our team! You will partner with world-class technical leaders, security experts, developers, business teams, scientists and data analysts across the organization, spanning a wide range of disciplines.
We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer to help build solutions to security challenges. You will be responsible for designing and developing products and services that safeguard customers and their data. You will partner closely with security engineers to push the boundaries of innovation. A successful candidate will also have experience delivering results in a fast-paced environment. An ideal candidate will have an established background in developing solutions that require security expertise (such as access control, intrusion detection, and data encryption).
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• BS/MS or Ph. D in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 5+ years of industry experience.
• Programming experience in C, C++ and/or Java (or other OO language) in Linux and/or Windows environment.
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
• Demonstrated experience in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence.
• Experience in mentoring engineers and teams
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience working on software related to security such as access control, data protection, and intrusion detection
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers.
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within a team.
• Prior experience with AWS technologies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.