At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
This position will fulfill the responsibilities of a IBM Watson Subject Matter Resource (SMR), entrusted with executing the digital solutions design across the Talent function– to deliver an integrated and optimized solution in-line with the overarching organization strategy. The Design consultant would also be supporting the end-to-end design and functional solution execution from requirements gathering through to testing and transitioning to implementation partnering with the Enablement, Data Governance and Transition function. As part of this role, the consultant would support all functional operations activities and is involved in Project management, scope definition and objectives. Delivering and support high quality, proactive digital solutions.
- Be part of agile teams created for the purposes of solutioning new requests, deviations, changes, releases.
- To include identification, requirements gathering, solution design (including working with process), Proof of Concept, Test and UAT for individual projects or programs of development and design of new and improved functionality across the talent functional area
- Working with vendor (IBM) to drive and influence product change, improvement and development of functionality to meet EY current and future needs
- Work closely with the teams across the Digital and wider Talent Functions for configuration, development, testing and implementation of technological solutions that support business and functional delivery.
- Work in close partnership with cross functional Talent teams to consider ways to optimising function performance (i.e., help optimise function technology change opportunities).
- Continuously identify and introduce new functionalities - within Cloud solutions, working with Solution Enablement team to design, test, pilot, scale, release and adopt.
- Work with Enablement team to understand vendor release implications for current and up and coming changes in development pipeline.
- Working with all teams in Digital Enablement. contribute with inputs to support the business case development for new or enhanced solutions also consider downstream functional implications.
- Provide expertise on the planned functional and integration requirements together with the Functional design lead and functional process owners.
- Work closely with Technology colleagues to provide subject matter expertise to ensure successful integration of systems during functional design and solution enablement.
- Support the development of proof of concepts and roadmaps for introducing new technologies and complementing Digital Talent Strategy / Roadmaps.
- Partner across the Digital Solution design team to deliver the best-fit design for technology-enabled quality and efficiency improvements within Talent (e.g., AI, RPA, Chatbot and automation).
- Work on the continuous development of existing solutions by identifying and prioritizing digital enablement needs, defining the requirements for third party delivery, and aligning to the Digital Talent Functional Roadmaps.
- Work closely with Data team and Reporting to ensure current and future data needs have the correct rigour and reporting capability.
- Support the definition, delivery, and development of internal operational process to enable the smooth running of the functional solution team in context with strategic planning, design, budgeting / cost / financial management, functional performance management, knowledge management and communications.
- Monitor external best practices and what is up and coming in the talent space and listening to internal feedback, identify and propose opportunities for enhancement to the functional design and architecture practices, models and processes.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Provide expertise and knowledge in how functional design and solutioning operates. Understand the digital landscape in-tandem with the Talent and organization strategy, people and operational matters and make decisions to drive and optimize functional delivery standards.
- For IBM Watson support and implement decisions for defining, delivering and continuously improving the process.
- Share market insights and review findings with key Design and Enablement leads to influence changes as required.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Business acumen – ability to understand Digital landscape and to consider the functionality and integration requirements inline with the capabilities required to implement strategic priorities.
- Bring knowledge of IBM Watson functional design and solution related market trends, leading practices, services, and solution
- Ability to participate effectively in virtual teams and networks across diverse and dispersed geographies.
- Consulting skills that drive business impact; able to interpret functional / technological requirements and, where prioritized, co-create the most relevant & pragmatic approach.
- Strong teaming skills; collaborate effectively across talent ecosystem, within the digital team and the firm at-large.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail - the ability to operate within budget and effective time frames.
- Strong research and analytical skills to track and interpret trending directions for Functional design and solution and also to identify potential future options.
- Ability to cope with ambiguity; to drive change and performance outcomes in a complex and agile environment.
- Effectiveness in building trust, respect, and cooperation among teams
- Due to global nature of the role; travel and willingness to work alternative hours will be required.
- Due to global nature of the role; English language skills - excellent written and verbal communication will be required.
- IBM Watson certified is preferred, not required.
- 2-3 years IBM Watson Assistance/Discovery experience in a closely related functional design or Digital solutions role
- Experience of developing and implementing operational standards and processes to achieve required outcomes
- Demonstrable experience of collaborating with colleagues to understand needs/requirements and of shaping digital solutions
- Demonstrable experience of working with third party vendors / external system implementors to deliver Digital solutions from design to enablement
- Experience of participating in global dispersed teams to enhance services, processes, and standards
- Demonstrable experience of working in fast-paced, ambiguous, stressful environments to deliver required results
- Demonstrable experience of anticipating issues and challenges and proactively working to navigate challenges
- Experience of conducting internal and external research and analysis, providing best practices and insights to drive improvements
What We Offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, Please apply to this role only through the ‘Apply’ link (not through the local office). Your application will then be routed to the appropriate recruiting team.
The Exceptional EY Experience. It’s Yours To Build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.