This is a technical leadership role and will blend both deep domain and technical expertise with a passion for influencing the strategy of Cognitive Engineering (using IBM Watson) in the bank.
- You’ll be responsible for the tooling, architecture, and infrastructure of the bank's Conversational AI platforms, some of which are already hosted in the public cloud.
- You'll help develop the bank's future strategy in Conversational AI
- You'll be an advocate for Cognitive Engineering, providing a voice to engineers within your teams, identifying and supporting colleagues in the resolution of impediments and issues
- You’ll develop a sound understanding of the bank's customer journeys and how we can enhance them through bot-instigated chats
At LBG, we value diversity of thought and experience, and as such, we would welcome applications from a range of backgrounds. As a minimum to be considered and be successful in this role however, you will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent Node.js skills (Node.js should be your primary coding language);
- Hands-on engineering experience in Cognitive Engineering as well as Conversation Design (ideally using IBM Watson);
- Experience in Cloud logging management: Azure
- Experience with agile development methods & tooling
- Experience of using modern software development toolsets including DevOps, Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps pipelines (with nexus, sonareqube)
- Experience with Jenkins (including Jenkins Groovy, JobDSL and Pipeline DSL);
- Experience with containers at scale (e.g. AKS/EKS, Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, Helm etc.);
- Experiences and understanding of Microservices / service mesh, reverse proxy and API Gateways.
About the team
In Intelligent Automation we are committed to the mission of automating the routine whilst supercharging our understanding, to deliver a seamless experience for our customers and colleagues. We're a diverse group of people. Software Engineers, Robotics Specialists, Cognitive Developers, Data Scientists, Conversation Designers, Natural Language Engineers and many more. We come from a variety of backgrounds across the globe, but we all share in the vision of the untapped potential of human and machine intelligence.
Cognitive Natural Language systems are a channel that mimic human interaction to help scale and augment human expertise, bringing information to customers and colleagues in a timely, natural and useable way – for example, Virtual Assistant chat bots for Customer Service use cases. By pairing smart people with smart machines, we build conversational interfaces (text or voice) which not only assist our customers and colleagues but also undertake tasks for them. However, our aspirations and roadmap, are keen to take this proposition much further.
Benefits also include:
- Annual personal bonus percentage;
- Employer pension contribution (up to 15%);
- 4% flexible cash pot;
- private medical insurance, and;
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays;
We offer flexible working hours around the 9-5 and are a very family friendly company.
Please also note, that we are expecting further pay increased for LBG employees from July 2023.