The Alexa Auto team is building voice-forward in-vehicle experiences that delight customers, increase safety, and bring the future of transportation to life. Our mission is to continue pushing the envelope in automatic speech recognition (ASR), natural language understanding (NLU), and voice user interfaces (VUI) to provide the best possible end user experience.
As a Senior Multimodal UX Designer, you will lead, define, and drive the interaction design for in-vehicle Alexa experiences. You are familiar with vehicle HMI and have experience curating a great UX from the numerous inputs and outputs vehicles offer (screen, voice, physical controls, HUD, haptics, actuation). You are an innovator who creates solutions for ambitious ideas for which leverage voice interactions in new ways. You proactively go into uncharted territory to create new voice-forward multi-modal solutions. You work side by side with product managers, engineers, and UX designers to promote customer obsession and bring designs that add value to thei in-vehicle experience to life. You are pragmatic and visionary, translating business needs into innovative customer-focused solutions. You leverage metrics to measure success and identify CX opportunities. And you communicate effectively to a larger team to drive a vision into the product with solid design deliverables.
As a member of a growing design team, you will also help prioritize the team’s work and magnify the impact output across organizational boundaries.
We are looking for a designer who can:
• Produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and rigorous user interface specifications that consider voice
• Confidently defend design rationale used to create solutions in frequent executive-level design reviews
• Draw on depth of experience, but initiate UX research and testing efforts as needed
• Apply usage data to inform UX and VUI efforts
• Drive root cause analyses to respond to UX performance issues
• Speak authoritatively in daily iterations with product managers, engineers, and testers
• 6+ years of design experience
• An available online portfolio
• 2+ years experience in human-computer interaction design in voice or multimodal speech interfaces.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Design, HMI, front-end Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
• Professional experience designing in-vehicle HMI and voice interactions that consider voice and various safety standards.
• User experience design experience including data-driven analytics and a working understanding of speech and language technologies.
• Experience working cross-team and synthesizing feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing.
• Professional portfolio of voice design
• Working knowledge of safety standards from policy making orgs (NHTSA)
• Ability to design Voice UI flows.
• Experience with agile methods.
• Familiarity with designing mobile web, and/or on-device mobile applications.
• Experience shipping innovative, successful consumer voice products.
• A track record of shipping product.
• Confidence presenting to and advising senior management.
• Ability to write compelling narratives describing design details.