We’re looking for an experienced Conversation Designer to join the team.
Def Method builds a range of products for our clients, varying from greenfield applications for startups to well-established products across various industries.
An estimate of how you’ll spend your time
Practice - 50%
• Lead the charge for the customer conversational experience and translate business needs into conversational use cases
• Iterate and experiment to create beautiful, functional and thoughtful conversational designs
• Plan, write and edit conversational dialogue plus create or enhance intent templates for multi-modal experiences
• Conduct user research (including chat log analysis, contextual interviews) to uncover user needs, pain points, and behaviors
• Problem solve, think big, and explore concepts and ideas in order to design valuable, cohesive, delightful, and empathetic user experiences.
• Lead user experience research and experimentation initiatives, partnering with Product Engineering, Data Science, and management
• Partner with the Design Team to develop new paradigms and frameworks for new interaction models involving language as interaction
Tactical - 40%
• Facilitate product discovery and development on client projects, act as design advisor to our customers and consultants, and provide additional project support as needed
Operations - 10%
• Represent design in sales conversations and scoping work.
What you’ll bring:
• 3+ years of relevant conversation design work & experience, including VUI design, voice designing, UX copywriting
• Familiarity with complete UX research experience, including user research, collaborative ideation, chatbot writing, prototyping and testing
• Experience writing user interview scripts and conducting user interviews including exploratory, validation, and usability interviews.
• Your professional desire for continuous learning, a breadth of experiences, and a hunger to learn and discover new ideas, products, and processes.
• Strong, clear communication and presentation skills. You will be expected to present design strategies to your team, clients and the executive team.
• Passion for building intuitive, positive experiences for users.
• Your bias for user-centered, collaborative, lightweight process and tight feedback loops.
• Your ability to give honest, unflinching, and respectful analysis to our customers, employees, and the leadership team.
Why we love working here
• We are committed to growing together by building excellent software for customers and expanding the range of experiences and perspectives that shape our work.
• Investment in learning: one month of professional development time for courses/conference/study per year, with a generous budget.
• Great pay and benefits — comprehensive health, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid parental leave, even life insurance!
• Generous vacation time and minimal travel (if at all).
• Flexible work from home policy in normal times; we are currently remote through the end of 2020.