Digital Assistant team is looking for dynamic and passionate people who have a strong sense of ownership and engineering mindset. As a member of the Voice Recognition and Digital Assistant team, you will work alongside with solution architects, business planners and other groups within different TMNA business units in developing an intuitive and intelligent voice recognition enabled system to drive business values. You should have a strong understanding of Voice Recognition, NLU and TTS (Text-To-Speech) technologies and be familiar with 3rd party digital assistants (Siri, Alexa, Cortana, Google Assistant). This position requires customer focused thinking and the ability to be hands on. We are looking at self-motivated individuals who are highly detail oriented and take pride in their deliverables.
What will you do
• Work on Proof-of-Concept projects involving Voice Recognition and NLU technologies.
• Participate in the design, development and testing of voice recognition sub-system within the vehicle infotainment system.
• Participate in creating detailed specifications for Tier-1 suppliers.
• Participate in weekly meetings with Japan team to collaborate on design and development and report progress.
• Create detailed schedules and explain it to all the stakeholders.
• Interface with suppliers to design and develop VR/NLU solutions, monitor progress and report issues to management.
• Support current production programs.
• Communicate technical decisions to non-technical audiences and build consensus around them.
What you need
• A bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Technical or related discipline, or equivalent professional work experience.
• 8+ yrs. product development experience
• Voice Recognition, NLU and Text to Speech related work experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create and present concepts and recommendations to management.
What is nice to have
• Nuance Dragon Drive Framework
• Amazon Alexa skills development
• Android speech API, diaglogflow
• Audio and signal processing algorithms
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)