Verse.io is the leading AI-powered lead conversion platform that bridges the gap between sales and marketing for some of the top industry leading companies across the country. Verse helps companies engage, nurture, qualify, and convert cold internet leads into high intent sales opportunities. Verse is a fast growing, venture backed SaaS startup, experiencing some of the most explosive growth in our company’s history, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to help us pour fuel on the fire and help move further upstream and into new and exciting industries where Verse wants to make a splash. If you love what you do, take ownership, bring solutions, get shit done, and stay humble, we want to hear from you!
The AI Conversational Designer is responsible for ensuring our scripted SMS conversations are helpful, courteous, and solicit action from the reader. The AI Conversational Designer will play a key role in maintaining the personality of our customer interactions, along with being accountable for all scripted content initiatives. The AI Conversational Designer will partner with engineering to calibrate AI conversations, concierge leadership to ensure the script user experience is clear, and Client Success Managers to ensure client needs are met in a timely and professional manner.
What Will You Do
• Develop scripts and messaging that lead to efficient, courteous, impactful SMS conversations
• Understand different customer segments and tailor scripts to each industry and use case
• Demonstrate a brand-publisher mindset in order to create the content our customers are looking for and help them optimize the path to conversion
• Be accountable for any script-related changes that need to be made in response to client feedback and concierge user feedback
• Organize scripts, build and maintain an internal library based on specific use cases and industries
• Identify and document trends within lead responses to recommend areas for improvement
• Develop and document copywriting strategies to further enhance the customer and user experience of the AI scripts
• Train the AI by managing confidence thresholds, review responses and provide consistent feedback
• Own customer experience of perceived AI actions, including evaluating and recommending response handling options by system vs. human training
• Optimize the user experience of our scripts according to feedback from the Lead Development Representatives
What You Bring
• Minimum 1 year of experience designing conversational experiences for AI channels required
• Proven track record of writing in different styles and tones on behalf of various brands within various industries required
• Effective written communication skills with strong emphasis on grammar and spelling required
• Prior chatbot conversation flow experience is a plus
• Must be highly resourceful and adaptable to effectively support multiple competing demands and changing priorities while exhibiting the highest level of customer service
• Team player who is self-motivated, detail-oriented, solution-focused and takes ownership of their work
• Possess a willingness and ability to work hands-on and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Outstanding verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present to and engage with a wide range of audiences
What We Offer
• Remote-first work environment
• Employer subsidized comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
• 11 paid company holidays, 2 weeks of PTO, and 5 sick days
Stock options for all employees
• 401k program + company match
• Paid parental leave
• Employer subsidized monthly ClassPass membership
• Company provided computer and a monthly tech stipend
• Company matched volunteering days at organizations of your choice
• Culture and DEI initiatives, including events & peer recognition programs
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. This opportunity is not available, however, to residents in the states of Montana and Colorado. We do not offer Visa assistance or sponsorship for this role. This is a fully remote position and there is no relocation assistance. You must also reside in the United States
We use tools like speaking to references to gain a more full-bodied, in-depth picture of the person we’re looking to hire. By submitting your application, you are giving your permission that Verse.io may conduct back-channel references using professional social media (e.g. LinkedIn) and common connections. We commit to not contacting any of your current work colleagues and will adhere to all legal requirements regarding salary and protected class information.
Verse.io is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Verse.io will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the People & Culture Manager at email@example.com.
We are Verse and we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. All candidates for hire, promotion, and performance are evaluated on the basis of merit alone.