In the Amazon Fire TV team, we are dedicated to creating the most engaging entertainment platform for the whole family, worldwide. Be part of a fast-paced, agile and innovative team who is bringing new VUI and GUI experiences to FireTV devices in a startup like environment.
We leverage cutting-edge technology, optimization techniques and high availability services to produce market leading streaming media devices. This role will primarily be focused on device client side work, however, you will need to understand how your work affects and is affected by the cloud architecture.
The role is inherently cross-functional, you will work with other Amazon teams to deliver key initiatives that impact millions of customers.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented junior software engineers who are looking to gain experience building innovative, mission critical applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on products used every day, by people you know.
This is a high visibility team where you will get a chance to make a positive impact on every aspect of customer experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 1+ years of professional experience in software development
• Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals such as; object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and problem solving
• Experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, Python, Kotlin
• Enthusiasm to work on the device side software
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation