Are you looking for an opportunity where your AI knowledge has a real impact on the world we live in today? Then we have the perfect position for you! ReadSpeaker is currently looking to strengthen its core research team to research and develop state-of-the-art neural text-to-speech for a wide variety of languages. Your work will directly impact the quality of our diverse range of text-to-speech solutions used by millions of people around the globe to create realistic, human-like voice experiences in a variety of situations. We are already working with some of the big names such as Spotify, Sony, Nintendo, Lockheed Martin, Hyundai Motors, Japanese Railway, Bol.com, etc.
For this position, you would be working at our Dutch office in Driebergen-Rijsenburg (remote work is possible), in the vicinity of Utrecht, where you will be joined by a diverse team of about 20 colleagues, with close to 200 colleagues in other countries.
- Advancing the state-of-the-art in various topics related to Neural Text-To-Speech such as Cross-lingual, emotional synthesis, prosody modeling, speech enhancement, and voice conversion.
- Driving the adoption of the state-of-the-art and deployment of new technologies in products
- Engaging across the company to solving real problems with direct impact in business
- MSc (or PhD) in Computer Science, AI, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- Strong programming skills and experience in Python
- Experience working with one or more deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe
- Good written and spoken English communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with Text-To-Speech (TTS), Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Natural Language Processing (NLP) and/or Speech Signal Processing (SSP) in the field
- Hands-on experience in building real systems by C/C++
- Strong understanding of deep learning algorithms, techniques and best practices
What can we offer you?
- Flexible Work Home Policy
- Potential to publish/attend at top-tier conferences and receive additional training
- Full support Visa/Permit if applicable (for expats)
ReadSpeaker was acquired in 2017 by the publicly traded Japanese company Hoya.
Together with our Asian branch, we offer a large range of powerful text-to-speech solutions for instantly deploying lifelike, tailor-made speech interactions that can be used in any environment. Our applications include web reading texts and documents, speech enabling apps and devices, and delivering broadcasting services in a variety of environments. More recently, ReadSpeaker has increasingly focused on custom voice development, to provide organizations with their own, unique voice experience that reflects their branding and makes them stand out from the competition.