RAIN is a leader in Voice and Conversational AI. We are looking for a full-time Strategy Director who can work with our strategy team to help our clients navigate their journey integrating voice technology into their digital ecosystems. You will work directly with our designers and engineers during the planning and development of our voice application strategy projects and builds.
In this role, you will focus on establishing and maintaining strong client relationships and growing those relationships through strategic and creative solution-oriented projects. You will report to our Chief Experience Officer.
Voice is still relatively new, so we’re not necessarily expecting you to have prior experience with conversational AI (if you do have some, that is a huge plus!). However, you must have a passion for emerging technology, including knowledge of the latest developments and consumer experiences (voice and/or conversational AI a plus). This role will be for someone who will grow to become a key decision-maker in each voice experience project you direct. You will need to quickly become familiar with the main artifacts of our process, ultimately gaining a conceptual intuition for a good conversational user experience.
While our focus covers the full range of the voice landscape from consumer experiences to employee-oriented solutions across platforms and owned channels, we’ll expect the person who fills this role to bring a broader strategic perspective to their work. We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic and who can examine and identify user needs while pairing those insights with an interrogation of our client’s business objectives and challenges. Along with exploring the digital ecosystem in which they operate to identify profitable opportunities for voice technology to play a role in connecting with their goals.
We're looking for someone empathetic and human-centric. Someone who is excited to not only discover and point to opportunities but who also can transition to help be an advocate internally and externally during the building of those experiences alongside our best-in-class user experience, creative, engineering, and leadership teams.
What You’ll Do:
• Lead the development of voice strategies that align with client goals and user needs.
• Perform research (first/second party, desk, and various other methods of exploratory and evaluative research) to gather findings, discern audience needs and information to guide our strategic endeavors.
• Craft insights and informed POVs that can be utilized to inform our strategic and creative direction.
• Serve as a leader internally and help direct the work of your project team(s).
• Create presentations, documentation, and deliverables that articulate our position and process.
• Generate KPIs and work within them to help not only guide our initial strategic and creative direction but guide our optimization process once our work has launched.
• Present your work across all internal and client reviews.
• Be comfortable working with a blank state, developing and helping evolve our processes through solution-oriented thinking, proactivity, and optimism.
• Monitor the emerging tech industry for trends and rapidly communicate findings and business opportunities to colleagues and clients.
• Consistently and actively communicate with project team members and stakeholders regarding project status, documentation, objectives, timelines, and decisions.
• Ensure quality and applicability to the client’s objectives throughout design and development.
• Mentor junior team members and any direct reports you are assigned.
• Produce and present thought-leadership that helps us maintain our role as leaders in the conversational AI landscape through writing thought-leadership pieces, participating in workshops, networking, and facilitating brainstorming sessions.
• Develop and manage key partnerships and industry relationships — manage account relationships with Executive Sponsors and drive account development (e.g., deepen/broaden client relationships).
• Work with our Business Development team to shape thinking, presentations, etc., for new opportunities.
• Be open to other responsibilities as our team needs support throughout our project and business lifecycle.
What You’ll Bring:
• 6-9 years of digital marketing/strategy experience, including 2+ years of experience in an agency setting and/or consultancy or start-up. Supervisory and/or management experience is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree; Advanced degree in business, marketing, and/or psychology a plus.
• Strong business acumen, influence skills, and ability to identify, prioritize, and implement high-impact initiatives.
• Ability to anticipate and quickly assess continually changing client needs and adapt resources and strategies accordingly.
• Desire and ability to handle multiple projects and/or initiatives at a time with care and enthusiasm.
• Be highly persuasive and drive internal teams and clients to desired outcomes.
• Advanced presentation and communication skills; ability to develop a compelling narrative, innovation strategy, and customer journey map.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail while staying focused on the big picture.
• Curiosity and creativity with the ability to apply those characteristics to solve the business challenges we identify and ones presented by clients that can push boundaries but are also realistic and feasible.
• Experience in identifying and delivering on growth opportunities and bringing products or services to market.
• Ability to synthesize complex data then communicate solutions in a simple, clear, and concise manner.
• Skilled familiarity with various qualitative/quantitative research sources and methodologies.
• Understanding of available tools and data resources; can recommend tools that would expand our company’s capabilities.
• Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-moving, and continually evolving high-growth environment. You like building the plane while flying it!
• Your interpersonal skills are off the chart! You’re able to communicate well with internal customers and stakeholders, set appropriate expectations, and build relationships of trust with diverse teams even in remote settings.
Our office is located in NYC with remote team members across the country. Currently, we all are working remotely and will be flexible for the future.
Salary will be evaluated commensurate with experience and location.
Who We Are:
RAIN is a leader in Voice and Conversational AI. We help businesses navigate voice technology. We combine strategy, technology, and creativity to drive growth for our clients. We’re guided by the belief that technology is, by definition, an extension of humanity, and that great ideas come from a desire to enhance the lives of real people.
At RAIN, we want to work with people of different backgrounds and walks of life. We want individuals who can bring diverse perspectives and experiences to our culture and company. We believe that transparency builds trust, so we default to disclosure in our communications. We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment.
Restless & Ready. These are the two attributes that mark the talent thriving at RAIN. We look for people who don’t fit the traditional mold, with skill sets you don’t often see in traditional consulting. Said differently, we’re always keen to add more unicorns to the stable. We look for people motivated by big ideas and determined enough to make it a reality.
What We Offer:
We genuinely care about our employees’ happiness and engagement.
• Comprehensive Benefits Package: Health, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account
• Generous Paid Time Off that increases with tenure and seniority.
• Mental Health/Wellness perks. Including 2 RAIN Check Days – for those days when you just need to take a rain check from work, we get it.
• Volunteer Days.
• 401k plan with employer contribution.
• Short/Long Term Disability.
• Fully stocked kitchen (when in the office).
• Commuter subsidy (when in the office).
• Challenging problems to solve and an awesome team to collaborate with every single day.
• Work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.