PolyAI builds enterprise voice assistants that carry on natural conversations with customers to solve their problems. Our voice assistants understand customers, regardless of what they say or how they say it. We serve enterprises where customer conversation is an important part of doing business. Our customers include some of the leading names in banking, hospitality, insurance, retail, and telecommunications.
Our enterprise clients deploy PolyAI voice assistants to cut down on wait times and free up live staff to focus on calls requiring empathy and judgment. As a result, our enterprise clients see improved customer satisfaction, employee retention and operational efficiency.
We are rolling out the Studio so those outside PolyAI can make use of our technology. You have the invaluable chance to be an early member of our team - making state-of-the-art technology accessible to countless others.
Your responsibility will involve:
- Building a low-code platform that enables non-technical staff to configure complex dialogue systems and build new voice experiences for our users.
- Contributing to the implementation of our multi-tenant infrastructure.
- Taking a major role in our software development, through writing code, tests, as well as contributing to design ideas and documents, performing code reviews.
- Collaborating with other engineers to help improve both your own and their code.
What you'll come with:
- Have at least 2 years experience in a commercial setting
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, system design and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of RESTful best practices
- Proficient in Python
- Experience with React or Vue (we use React)
- Good understanding of Git workflow
- Working proficiency in verbal and written English
We'd love it if you have:
- Experience with one or more cloud services: AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with testing libraries such as Jest, Enzyme, Cypress
- Experience with Agile processes such as scrum, kanban, sprints etc.
- A love of learning and enjoyment of trying new things
- A background or interest in building low-code platforms
- Finds enjoyment in technical challenges and wants to contribute directly to solutions
💰 Participation in the company’s employee share options plan
🏝 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
🏡 Flexible working from home policy plus a one-off WFH allowance when you join
🌎 Work from outside of the UK for up to 6 months each year
🧡 Enhanced parental leave
📚 Yearly learning budget
🚲 Bike2Work scheme
🏥 Private healthcare and dental cover, discounts on gym members and relaxation apps, and access to a range of mental health programs
Equal Opportunity Statement:
PolyAI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions at PolyAI will be based on the business needs without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, neurodiversity status or disability status.