Design at HubSpot is both grounded in experience design fundamentals and a deep belief that small autonomous teams are the best way to get excellent work in customer's hands.
Our users live and breathe all day in our communication tool, and we’re looking for a talented product designer to work with us on enabling businesses to have frictionless, omni-channel communication with their audiences across the entire customer lifecycle. The Conversations Product Group helps businesses create delightful experiences for their customers, and every communication a business has with a customer is an opportunity to delight them. The work on this team will have a major impact on refining and reimagining the way businesses engage their audiences no matter where they are working in HubSpot.
A successful designer in this role is one that thinks in ecosystems and not just features, can create simple, modular designs that can work in many contexts, and is excited to figure out answers to questions like: How can we make communication across many different channels feel seamless?
If you like the sound of the role and product design at HubSpot in general, apply here so we can learn more about you.
• We value solving for the customer above all else
• We give each designer the responsibility and ownership to chart the course for their designs throughout the product and across teams. We don't do sign-offs and burdensome documentation
• We partner closely with user research, content, and analytics to define user problems and validate design solutions
• We carefully lead and maintain a high-functioning, usability-centered design system and design language with our front-end teammates
• We're embedded on small teams with engineers and product managers in sane sustainable ratios
• Learn more about our Design Philosophy: Design System Article
Design is imagining a better future. It’s important for designers to think critically and to challenge what’s been done before. Using data to define the problem and understand our users, we're able to conceptualize solutions that get at the heart of challenges our users face and the progress they are trying to make. Leveraging expertise in human factors, behavioral psychology, qualitative and quantitative user data, and visual design, we're able to create an experience that is highly usable, effective, efficient, and delightful.
We’re looking for skilled product designers to join our team in creating experiences our customers love. Top candidates will:
Product Designer Responsibilities:
• Work on innovative design initiatives that impact bigger systems and new product opportunities
• As an experienced designer, you’ll move quickly, building strong and compelling journey scenarios, information architecture, interaction and visual designs
• Working autonomously, while being facilitated by our “living” UI Library and results in a faster, more efficient process with fewer handoffs
• Lead brainstorming sessions to user flows through wireframes and high fidelity screens highlighting your design process
• Build lasting relationships across the organization, partnering with your cross-product design team, engineering, product management, and the broader business
• Our embedded team structure makes collaboration quick and easy
• Influence leadership and help them to understand the impact and vision of design
• Collaborate closely and uniquely with an engaged Engineering team to get stuff done efficiently and effectively
• Help us expand our UX strategy and vision
• Guide Product Designers and Associate Product Designers as an engaged mentor
• Passion for creating an unmatched user experience in the software product world
• A strong portfolio with case studies describing how how you defined and solved problems using design
Inherent curiosity about how humans think, behave, and interact with technology
• High degree of experience with a vector and prototyping tool of choice (Sketch, Adobe and InVision are ours)
• At least three to five years of UX Design experience
• Excel at story telling and explaining your visionSuccessful experience working collaboratively with Engineering, Product Management, and UX Research
• Have a love for your craft, a strong desire to always be learning and tackling new challenges in a fast-paced environment
• You are a fierce advocate for the customer but know when to compromise to keep moving and learning
• Nice to have, but not required: undergraduate degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or a related field
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, and we’d love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software and systems that power the world’s small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 3M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. We’re headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we have offices in New Hampshire, Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), and Bogotá (Colombia).