The Digital Conversation Solution Engineer is responsible for envisioning and presenting innovative Salesforce solutions that expand the digital conversation market. The successful candidate should bring technical and sales skills that establish credibility and presence. Candidates should have proven success in partnering with internal stakeholders and external customers and partners. Our team engages across the sales organization. Delivering transformational visions for new and existing customers using Salesforce technology solutions, while overcoming technical objections. Our team also engages in managing a Center of Excellence which drives enablement and sales of Digital Engagement, Service Cloud Voice and Einstein bots.
Ideal candidates are comfortable working in a successful Specialists SE model. This role entails getting deeply hands-on with newer solutions or technologies, and aiding in documentation. It requires good technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills and learning from trial and error. Strong written and presentation skills are required. Team members should expect to present content both externally to customers or partners, and internally for the purpose of enabling and accelerating the distribution organization. This requires someone who is able to be quick on their feet when handling ambiguous situations. Strong candidates are able to approach challenges creatively without a lot of task by task direction. Candidates should expect to work collaboratively with other members of the specialist team and present work products on behalf of the broader team. Specialists members will have a broader range of business partners than a traditional SE role: sales, product management, product marketing management, technology & implementation partners, UX, CSG. Trailhead, and should be providing expertise on accounts, in chatter, in team meetings, blogs, internal and 3rd party marketing events. In short, this role requires someone to be able to wear many hats and some of them simultaneously!
• Evangelize Digital Conversation value and capabilities to customers (including C- level execs and IT) and field teams
• Assess business and operations who can benefit from enhanced Digital Conversations and automation
• Be a strong advocate for the Digital solutions to internal Salesforce audiences: from Executives to extended SE team members.
• Clearly articulate competitive differentiation for SC Voice + Digital Experience
• Deliver findings including key pain points, proposed solutions to meet business needs, and ROI where applicable
• Contribute to development of technical sales strategy
• Develop and maintain strong business driven solutions for Industry & cross-industry use cases
• Partner with Competitive Intelligence Team to continually increase our competitive knowledge
• Configure and demonstrate visionary solutions in a way that closely reflects each customer's business (tailored demonstrations)
• Discuss and propose solution architecture
• Execute enablement activities (Webinars, Best Practices, Knowledge Share, etc.)
• Partner closely with Product Management to continually evolve the Digital Engagement, SC Voice, and Einstein bot capabilities.
• Collaborate with Service Prime SEs and Sales teams and Product Management to deliver the appropriate solution and establish credibility and trust with the customer.
• 2+ years of direct experience with voice technology in one or more of the following areas: digital voice, hosted voice, on premise, inbound, outbound
• Additionally - Digital Conversation background & experience in two or more of the categories: voice, chat, sms, social, bots
• Clear understanding of competitive landscape for voice, SMS, bots, social and emerging channels
• Previous experience as a solution/sales engineer preferably within the service industry
• A strong understand of Service Cloud & Salesforce 360 is desired
• Some domestic travel is required
• B.S. of Computer Science, Software Engineering or related degree
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.