Amazon is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Senior Applied Scientist with a strong machine learning background to help build industry-leading Speech technology. Our mission is to push the envelope in Alexa's capability to understand customer's speech by not just transforming speech to text, but understand the non-lexical component of communication by speech, for example intonation, pitch and speed of speaking, hesitation noises, gesture, and facial expression.to make Alexa more human-like.
As a Scientist, you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in understanding and solving prosody. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in spoken language understanding.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. Creating reliable, scalable and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. We value academic collaborations and encourage our scientists and engineers to publish in conferences and do open source contribution.
• PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
• 3+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• Phd in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field, or related industry experience
• 5+ years of experience with underlying Deep Learning techniques
• 1+ years of coding experience
• Experience in building large-scale machine learning systems
• Deep Learning
• Proficiency in TensorFlow
• Experience with audio signal processing