As a Lead Design Researcher, you will represent the perspective of our customers and associates to help support our strategic vision. If you are motivated to help teams understand complex areas of our business, being a Lead Design Researcher could be the fit you’ve been looking for. Research activities will span from generative work (field work, development of customer models, archetype building) to evaluative work (usability studies, user testing, concept evaluation. Research studies will vary in scope from understanding underlying motivations and behaviors to understanding the how customer dialects vary across regions and modalities.
What You’ll Do
• Create and execute against long-term research roadmaps that align to and inform high-level business strategy and user experience goals.
• Define, execute and invent research methods appropriate to the questions at hand, including but not limited to field research, lab studies and remote testing.
• You have relentless curiosity with the desire to understand the interconnectedness of users, decisions, and actions.
• You help teams understand customer needs, attitudes, and behaviors through your research.
• Guide internal teams and partners to take action aligned with research findings – inspire them and help them internalize opportunities to delight customers.
• Provide mentorship to UX, Conversation Design and Product to scale the practice of research within our team.
• Provide thought leadership to product teams.
• Build up repeatable research practices and resources that are leveraged within the UX Design Team.
What You’ll Need
• Experience owning and leading design research for one or more broad or complex product areas.
• A strong working knowledge and extensive experience of multiple generative and evaluative research methods, how to apply them in a fast-moving organization, and experience mentoring or coaching other researchers on the use of these methods.
• The ability to translate insight into action. You help teams understand customer needs, attitudes, and behaviors through thoughtful and actionable research. Your work informs both strategic and tactical efforts.
• The ability to translate research findings into product priorities and strategic narratives, new business opportunities, within and across different projects.
• Adaptability and a growth-mindset, seeking out and welcoming feedback from senior leaders and managers.
• Ability to produce great work in short timeframes, multi-task across different projects and platforms and adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the business
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.