Our focus in the Alexa International team is to leverage emerging technologies to create new product opportunities that deliver the future of voice-driven AI to our customers and partners.
This is a new role with Europe-wide remit, working in a team that develops features and drives ongoing improvements in customer experience, engagement, and utility for European customers.
You will be developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams. This is a unique opportunity with plenty of ownership to work end to end on projects and Alexa services; driving the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used everyday by Alexa.
We are looking for passionate and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love.
Your responsibilities will include
• Developing and launching core product features for Alexa to enhance customer experience.
• Participating in design reviews, prototyping new technology and evaluating technical feasibility with your peers and colleagues.
• Addressing all aspects of technology and service readiness
• Interacting with cross-functional engineering teams across the company
• Designing and developing high performance, test-driven code in an Agile/Scrum environment.
• BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or related technical field
• Extensive hands-on professional software development experience
• Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Excellent coding skills in at least one modern programming language such as: Java, Python, C++, C#.
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and existing systems
• Experience working with AWS Technical Stack.
• Familiarity with working in an Agile environment
• Comfortable collaborating with teams with very different technical skills, and non-technical team